The by now well-established guesthouse Farr Out is open for guests since September 2005 after a 2-year building period. Since then a lot has happened in and around the original house. Deon and Marion along with their team improve year by year to make guests' stay more and more comfortable.
Farr Out Guesthouse on TV
Winter 2016 wasn't a boring one as your hosts decided to give the kitchen a "revamp". All kitchen cupboards were taken out for a complete makeover facelift, along came the new floor with modern "ship wreck" tiles. But it didn't end there: all wooden sliding doors as well as front door and a few windows were replaced by PVC tilt and turn windows/doors imported from Germany. Now the guests can enjoy comfortable sliding doors which can be kept safely open at night time on "tilt".
Ever heard of a "Beuchet-Chair"? This challenge was built end of 2015. You will be surprised about the outcome of photos with weird illusions. But try yourself!
The "Turkish Lounge" became alive in 2014 as an extension of the existing "stoep". It is now the favourite "hang-out" spot for our guests to enjoy sundowners.
Popular Wigwam Rising Moon (glamping experience) was built in 2011 inspired after a German trip to Bad Segeberg to watch "Winnetou"- Karl May Festspiele, an open air play about the red Indians and good old cowboys. The tailor-made tepee is approx. 40m away from main house amongst Fynbos where nature creeps up on you. The twin-peak tower luxury accommodation offers all the frills as in main rooms but a TV. You need to tune into "Radio Nature".
Not to forget our famous "Flintstone's Jacuzzi"; the outdoor word-fired Hot Tub is relaxation pure after a long day of holiday. You won't forget in a hurry the wonderful hours spent in warm water combined with silence, stars, good company and maybe a dinner take-away. Various "Wellness-Packages" available, please enquire.
In the early years of the guesthouse visitors cars got also their "accommodation" the covered carport can take up to 4 cars and keeps them cool in summer and dry in winter.
The landscaped garden is an ongoing challenge. It started all with the Koi pond which led to wooden deck to chill out. But this was not enough as shortly after our braai (BBQ) area in its own wigwam was implemented, so that our guests can now enjoy their sundowners around the fire.
In times of saving the environment Farr Out also implemented various energy saving and recycling projects. Here is a list what was all done over the past years:
- Toilet flushes with twin flush system
- Shower heads were replaced to water saving ones
- Gutters to collect rain water which is re-used for watering the garden
- Water bench which is holding approx. 2000l water
- Irrigation systems are on timer
- Solar geysers heat up water for showers
- All 50W lightbulbs were exchanged to 5W LED lights
- Garden lights are on timer
- Farr Out recycles plastic, bottles and tins, paper, compost
- Tomato sauce bottles get a new life and become birdfeeders which can be purchased in our onsite shop
- All guests amenities have been replaced by dispensers
- Batteries are collected and taken to recycle place
- Owl boxes have been put up so that owls keep rodents at bay without spraying poison